Macedonia - Country information
Official name of the country: Republic of Macedonia
Form of government: Parliamentary democracy
Area: 25,715 km²
Official language: Macedonian
Population of the capital: 700,000
Important economic and cultural cities: Ohrid, Bitola, Struga, Dojran, Berovo, Gevgelija
- Did you know that Mother Teresa was born in Macedonia?
- Did you know that Macedonia is the cradle of Slavic culture and the Cyrillic script? St. Clement of Ohrid developed the Glagolica alphabet, the masterpiece of his teachers St. Cyril and St. Methodius, and named it Cyrillic honoring the former.
- Did you know that Kokino is 4th on the list of the oldest megalithic observatories in the world?
- Did you know that Ohrid Lake (World Heritage) is 4 million years old and has 200 endemic species?
- Did you know that the largest part of the most famous Roman road is in Macedonia and it is called path "Via Egnatia"?
Top 5 tourist products
- Culture – religious heritage
- Nature – mountains and lakes
- Rural tourism and tradition
- Adventure tourism
- Food and wine
Top 5 tourist destinations
- Ohrid – Cradle of culture and Ohrid Lake (World Heritage)
- Skopje – Capital, place where you can explore the historic and business center
- Wine region
- Berovo – a place for leisure and relaxation, where you can see many churches and monasteries and where people can try a lot of delicious traditional dishes.
- National Park Mavrovo – National park, which is surrounded by beautiful villages; this region also has a ski center.
Top 5 souvenirs
- Ohrid pearl
- Macedonian filigran
- Mother Teresa
- Golden mask
- The Great Mother
Top 5 events
- Galichnik wedding in Galichnik – July
- Ohred Summer festival in Ohrid – July
- Vevchani Carnival in Vevchani – January
- Wine Festival in Kavadarci – September
- May Opera Evenings in Skopje – May
Sun Li Tun Diplomatic Compound 3-2-21,
Post code 100600,
Beijing - PR China
General consulates and consulates in China
Martin Tang, Honorary Consul General
4013 Jardine House,
1 Connaught Place,