Lithuania - Country information
- Official name of the country: REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
- Form of government: PARLIAMENTARY DEMOCRACY. HEAD OF STATE – THE PRESIDENT
- Area: 65,300 km2
- Population: 2,990,000
- Official language: Lithuanian
- Capital: VILNIUS
- Population of the capital: 523,050 inhabitants
- Important economic and cultural cities: VILNIUS, TRAKAI, KAUNAS, KLAIPEDA
- Did you know that in just 4 hours you can discover 5 UNESCO heritage sites in Lithuania?
- Did you know that even babies can drink tap water in Lithuania?
- Did you know that Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, is one of the greenest cities in the world and in terms of air quality surpasses all other capital cities in Europe?
- Did you know that the coast of the Baltic Sea in Lithuania is the only place where you can find you own piece of amber?
- Did you know that Lithuania is twice the size of Hainan Island and has less people than Chaoyang district in Beijing?
- Top 5 tourist products: City-breaks, UNESCO heritage, Lithuanian SPA resorts, Active tourism and Cultural tourism.
- Top 5 tourist destinations: Vilnius, Trakai, Kaunas, The Hill of Crosses, The Curonian Spit.
- TOP 5 gastronomic experiences (meals, spirits, wine, drinks, etc.): Cold beet root soup, Skilandis, Lithuanian black rye bread, Sakotis – tree cake, Lithuanian mead, Lithuanian beer, Lithuanian wine from berries, Kvass (a drink made from bread).
- TOP 5 souvenirs: amber, linen, wooden souvenirs and toys, leather works, Lithuanian cheese
- Top 5 events:
- Mardi Gras, when seven weeks of Lent remain until Easter, is celebrated on Tuesday. The traditional Mardi Gras dish, pancakes – which symbolize the coming of the sun (every year)
- Kaziukas Fair (a huge market of folk art and handicrafts) in Vilnius Old town at the beginning of March (every year)
- Song and Dance Festival (UNESCO heritage) in July every 4 years.
- The Capital Days at the beginning of September (every year)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas (every year)
18 King's Garden Villa,
18 Xiaoyun Road, Chaoyang District,
100125 Beijing, PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
Tel. +86 10 845 185 20
Fax. +86 10 845 144 42
General consulates and consulates in China:
General Consulate of the Republic of Slovakia in Shanghai
Represents Lithuania in issuing visas address:
1375 Huaihai Central Road,
E-mail address: email@example.com
General consulate of Hungary in Chongqing
Represents Lithuania in issuing visas
JW Marriott Hotel, 6th Floor, No. 77 Qing Nian Road, Yu Zhong District,
Chongqing, P.R.C. 400010 China
Tel: +8623 6160 9607
Fax: +8623 6160 9605
Presentation of opportunities for cooperation in the field of education, tourism, public administration: Every year the Lithuanian State Department of Tourism organizes a workshop for Chinese and Lithuanian tour operators in Vilnius to get new contacts to promote and present Lithuanian products for Chinese tourists. We also organize press trips for Chinese journalists to visit the most interesting and popular Lithuanian tourism objects to promote them later in China. The Lithuanian State Department of Tourism has signed a Protocol of the 1st high level meeting of China – CEECs on Tourism Cooperation for better promotion of Lithuania at the Chinese market.
Mrs. Olga Goncarova
Chief Officer of Target Markets Division
Lithuanian State Department of Tourism under the Ministry of Economy
Gedimino str. 38
Tel.+370 706 64983
Fax. +370 706 64988
Web: www.tourism.lt :: www.lithuania.travel :: www.worldamberroad.travel